Thursday, November 12, 2009

Ecstatic about Sewing!

during this past year i have come to the realization that i enjoy sewing

i have done a few projects in the past (making a pair of boxers in my 9th grade home ec class, a fairy dress for my 12th grade winter festival, a couple pig puppets and bean bags for student teaching, etc.)

but this past year i have made several aprons. for example, these two were for my dear friend tamara


a couple of these travel bags for "feminine use" - 2 without the strap


a ladybug costume for my church's fall fun festival


a markers holder - easy to throw in a bag


also my first quilt/blanket - i got the patchwork panel free from my church garage sale and added the rest from fabric i already had... instead of using batting, i used 2 layers of fleece :)


i can't seem to stop! after i finish this blog im gonna attempt to make a tote for my friend...

i like to shop at thrift stores and see what treasures i can find. lately ive been obsessed with buying fabric (bedsheets, pillowcases, anything) last week i bought a bunch of fabric and can't wait to use them!!

3 comments:

  1. This is so cool! awesome first blog darlin :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay!! you're blogging!
    you are so creative : )
    p.s. love the quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks guys :) i like the idea of blogging, i just hope i can actually keep it up!

    ReplyDelete