Tuesday, November 17, 2009

My New Friend's Birthday

This past weekend was my friend's birthday. Since my Human Biology test that was supposed to be on Thursday got postponed to today, I had some extra time to sew. What did I do? I made her a reversible apron and a tote :) This was my first time making a tote... I hope it works out for her...

The reversible apron... the lil birdie is a pocket...


The tote... with 2 lil pockets on the base of the handles...


I call her my "new friend" because although we grew up in the same church, we never spent that much time together outside of church. However, this past year that changed. We are both part of a small worship group that meets every week outside of church. Not only has this group allowed me a place to discuss relevant religious topics with peers, but to spend time & get to know people better. I am glad we have become better friends Lina :D

On Saturday night, a few of us went to Bay Point to spend the night at my friend Joelly's new house. We ate at Chipotle for dinner... I really do love eating there. I am having a hard time resisting meat. At least when I eat there I know its "food with integrity" and naturally raised beef... Anyway, we went to Coco Swirl after... then watched Up when we got to her house... We woke up early to head off to the Green Festival in San Francisco! I was overwhelmed at first... there were sooooo many vendors and people! It was awesome seeing all the great ideas and products.... I wish I could have spent more time there.. and honestly with less people... it was too crowded for my taste, lol. But I guess its an amazing thing that there were a lot of people.

Lina's puppies are soooo adorable!!! I wish I could have a puppy and it would stay a puppy forever :D

Today I took my Human Biology exam... ya... it was pretty bad... I guessed on almost half of it. It's my own fault for not studying much... This class is actually pretty cool. I like learning about the body... but I want the semester to be over already!!

I have a big project due on Thursday and a paper due on Monday. I really should be focusing my time on those two items. Despite that, all I feel like doing is sewing and reading A Little Princess! I spent most of today ordering prints from Snapfish... Oh! and my little sister had her first basketball game of the season today. They played P.Hill.. at half time the score was 11-34... final score was 20-35?... Napa lost :( It's weird watching the "younger generations" play... especially at the schools I attended... I saw one of my high school classmate's dad... its been a loooong time since we've seen each other... he asked if I was married?!?!? Wow, it hit me that yes, I am at that age... Time just keeps going by faster and faster. Well, after watching their game, I want to start running. I am the opposite of what I was like in high school. I am so out of shape now and back then it was a different story... my journey with athletics has taken a different road than what I thought... I'm not sure why and how I got here, but don't feel like digging up those buried issues...

It's getting late. My boyfriend keeps texting me... I should go... Nighty nite world...

2 comments:

  1. awe! i just posted about your gifts to me too!
    i'm glad we are better friends too : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. what do you mean your boyfriend keeps texting you? hhahhhaa

    ReplyDelete